Thursday 1 October 2015

#1 WHO CAN CLAIM 'I AM'?

Who is this Man, Jesus Christ?.....a liar, a lunatic or the Lord?

Muslims admit He is a prophet, Hindus consider Him an ‘avatar’, Buddhists see Him as a good man.                                    

What about cults in Christendom?                    
Mormons deny His deity. Would you believe?...Seventh Day Adventists and Jehovah’s Witnesses teach that Jesus was not the Almighty but Michael the archangel!

Let’s see who Jesus really is…                                                                                                      
His friend John the fisherman tells us of 7 claims Jesus made:

·       “I AM the Bread of Life”
·       “I AM the Light of the world”
·       “I AM the Door…”
·       “I AM the Good Shepherd”
·       “I AM the Resurrection and the Life”
·       “I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life”
·       “I AM the True Vine…”

Finally, when they came to arrest ‘Jesus the Nazarene’, He knocked them off their feet just by saying: “I AM”!

"I AM!"

So what did He say that got the Jews so mad they tried to stone Him on the spot?             

“Before Abraham was, I AM”

…the same ‘I AM’ who spoke to Moses from the burning bush!

“Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh” : “I AM that I AM”

(Literally: ‘I exist who exists’ – in effect: ‘I Was, I AM, I Will Be’)

Please don’t expect an explanation of that. 
Imagine how stupid ‘I AM’ would look on my tombstone - ‘I WAS’ would be all I could claim!           

So what did John the fisherman think of Jesus?
Click the link below:


http://hotspuds.blogspot.com.au/2015/10/2-how-did-john-see-jesus.html



   

1 comment:

  1. John 6:35; 8:12 ; 10:7 ; 10:11 ; 11:25 ; 14:6 ; 15:1 ; 18:5-6 ; 8:58 ; Ex 3:14

    ReplyDelete