Saturday 10 October 2015

#5. JESUS NOT THE ALMIGHTY??

Jehovah’s Witnesses and Seventh Day Adventists came from the Advent Movement and both teach that Jesus Christ is not Almighty God.
Let’s see if they’re right – or very wrong!...

In The Revelation the apostle John introduces Jesus Christ as ‘the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth’. Who is it that then says?...

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, [the beginning and the end], says the Lord God, he who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

(Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet – like saying A to Z.)

John saw ‘one like the Son of Man’ who said:
“I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last...fear not; I am the first and the last, and the living One and was dead…”

Where else can we find this claim to being the ‘first and last’?
In the prophecy of Isaiah of course!
“I, Jehovah, the first; and with the last, I am He.”

“Thus says Jehovah, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer, Jehovah of hosts: I am the first and the last, and besides me there is no God…”

I am the One, I am the first. Moreover I am the last…”

Remember we found that Jesus proved He is Jehovah – the ‘I AM’ – whose glory Isaiah saw in the temple, so let’s go right back to what the ‘First and Last’ said to Moses:
           
“I am Jehovah. I appeared… as the Almighty God…”

Does anybody still want to argue that Jesus Christ is not the Almighty?



NEXT….. Jesus = God??  No ‘Trinity’ in the Bible??
Click the link:
http://hotspuds.blogspot.com.au/2015/10/jesus-christ-god.html

                       


1 comment: