Friday 2 August 2013

WHY ISRAEL?

We're exploring the miraculous survival of  the Jews...but why them of all people?


We found that God saw Israel as the ‘apple of His eye’.

More than that… if the sun, moon and stars would fail, if the mountains would all disappear, in fact if we could measure the universe or explore the earth’s core - then He would give up on Israel. Impossible, hey??
I suppose this all began with those promises to father Abraham?

Actually long before that.  Moses said that God divided up the people at Babel into nations according to the number of the children of Israel – Jacob’s family of 70 who went to live in Egypt hundreds of years later.
This is astounding! Don’t tell me God planned for Israel to finally rule the world!?

The name Israel says it all – ‘rule with God’...and here’s Psalm 47:

“For the Lord most high is terrible; he is a great King over all the earth. He shall subdue the people under us, and the nations under our feet.”                         

Incredible!  I can understand now why some Christians mistakenly forget their heavenly destiny with Christ and think their hope lies with Israel.  What I want to know is – WHY ISRAEL?....what’s so special about that family?

Surrounded by a world given over to idolatry, Abraham believed in the one true God and obeyed Him – it’s as simple as that.

But why choose one weird family over all other families on earth? 
I mean, Jacob had not just one but four wives who produced a family of lying scoundrels that sold off their younger brother for 20 lousy bucks then kept their dad grieving in ignorance for over 20 years!

Good question! Let’s start with the real ‘Jehovah’s Witnesses’:

  • “Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, that I am God. Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?”            Isaiah 43 & 44                                                           
  • to show the world the blessing in serving God -                             
     “Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the Lord.”        Psalm 144                                                     
  • to transmit the Word of God -                                             
     “…Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people. For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the Lord our God is in all things that we call upon him for? And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?”           Deuteronomy 4                             
  • as a lesson book, for Christians especially-                                              
     “Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.”  1 Cor 10                                                                                          
  • and last but not least…to produce the Saviour of mankind -                     
     “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace…”        Isaiah 9

Don’t forget….God made promises to grandfather Abraham and He cannot fail to keep them, no matter how disappointing the family turns out, even begging the Romans to kill their Messiah. 

So what did the Saviour Jesus have to say about Israel?.............NEXT!
Click on: http://hotspuds.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/and-jesus-said.html
 
Image credit:  dedications.www3.50megs.com

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment